Sunday, December 07, 2008

Stages of Conversion

Ouch. Ouch, ouch, ouch.

Thus endeth my reaction to this blog post (hat tip to this guy) by some Lutheran blogger I otherwise know nothing about.

He nails the behavior and attitudes of those who have left one tradition within the Christian faith for another, identifying stages such as the jackass, the nutjob, and the know-it-all, and progressing (so one hopes, by the tender mercies of God) to the spot where one realizes he is:

much worse at being a decent human being than all those people too stupid and impious to realize how awesome your new religion is. While many of the reasons that you had for joining your current tradition remain, and thus so do you, you decide it's time to cut yourself, your church, everyone else's churches, and rest of the world some slack.

I hope I'm there, too.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, February 20, 2011 , Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings, I'm just another human who realized how badly he needed the mercy and help of his creator. Most of my life changing events came when God wispered profound wisdom into my messy imperfect
life. Sadly, I did not always respond. My religion (church) sometimes kept my head in the clouds. Yet, God never stopped showing me his beautiful truths.
Strangly, he takes care of us as we walk down the path of life. Maybe, I will someday become that good man who can truely love stupid, bad people like Jesus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home